Saturday, January 21, 2012



Diigo is my all time favorite web tool. I use it to keep up with all the great websites that I find on the many educational blogs that I read daily. I enjoy going through the Community Bookmarks and My Groups to find new tools that are applicable to my own classroom. This is also where I find many of the resources that I share with the teachers at my school.

Additionally, Diigo allows me to create Groups where I can save specific links to resources that I may need for a class, a certain teacher that I may be working with, etc. Using this feature enables me to quickly access the information I specifically bookmarked. I can also invite specific people to join a group that I have created. Each time I bookmark a resource that I tag to that specific group, those individuals receive an email notifying them of the added bookmark.
Glogster is another favorite web 2.0 tool that I often use in my classroom. I love Glogster! It's a great tool for creative expression as well as for presenting the students' knowledge and ideas. There are fun graphics, lots of choices for frames, fonts, and colors, and you can insert audio and video links, photos, clip art, etc. You can even embed a glog into a blog. Glogster is very versatile which allows an elementary student to create a simple Glog or a middle or high school student to create a detailed Glog with video and audio links. Luckily I was able to obtain free student Glogster accounts last year that I use with my students. My fifth graders began presenting their "Famous Children's Author" Glogs this past week during computer class. Here are examples: Leo and Diane Dillon Eric Carle Marc Brown 

Below are examples of other Glogster projects my computer students at St. Mary Catholic School have created:

I have listed several other web 2.0 tools in the sidebar to the right labeled "Marisa's Artifacts". These are tools that I have used for completing projects while in graduate school. I also use these tools in my classroom to enhance my lessons and while engaging my students. Similarly, I train the teachers at my school how to use them in their classrooms. I love using web 2.0 tools to enhance a lesson and increase student learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment